8-Year Old Daughter got the following recipe from a friend in her class. It’s what you need to do in order to turn modest snowstorm into a school-closing blizzard. These tasks must be performed just before bedtime.
- Flush three scoops of ice cream down the toilet (preferably vanilla)
- Hide a spoon under your pillow
- Place a penny on your window sill
- Wear your pajamas inside out
- Throw an ice cube out your window
Well, it worked. We got our blizzard. This, despite the fact that Mrs. Wife wouldn’t allow her to flush any ice cream down the commode. Additionally, she refused to wear her pj’s inside out because it would hide the print and her ice cube landed in the rain gutter. Unfortunately, the storm arrived over the weekend so there was no school closing to enjoy. Perhaps the missing ingredients mucked with the timing.